Sunday, November 05, 2006

First week of Nanowrimo

Five days into Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) and I'm really pleased with the progress I've made. I won't exaggerate and say that what I've written is stellar--it's all first draft and a very rough first draft at that--but I haven't written so much so quickly in a long time. With this in mind, this week's post will be short--I want to get back to the chronicles of Naomi and Liam (working title: See How They Shine For You) and what's in store for them.

My writing goal is 2000 words per day. So far, I am a little under that. At present (haven't updated it yet on the official site), I've got 9200 words. I should be at 10,000 already, but by the time I finish my daily dose of writing, I will have reached that goal.

My plot is pure Chick Lit/Romance. I wanted to write something fun and easy. And since the winter darkness is upon Stockholm, I want to fill my imagination with love, love, love so I can cruise into Christmas and then my birthday in January. If I like the end result, I'll revise it during Christmas vacation.

So this is my second foray into Nanowrimo and, hopefully, I'll be doing it again next year.

I love Nanowrimo!

If you want to follow my progress, you can always look for me as "KimGM" on Nanowrimo's official site (
www.nanowrimo.org) using "Author Search".


No comments: