Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I want...something.


Ever have that feeling that you want something but you have no clue exactly what that something is? Well, that is my dilemma today. I don't really know what I want but I have this feeling that once I find it I'll be pleased beyond belief.

The last time I had this feeling I spent an entire day browsing various shoe stores in Stockholm until I found the perfect pair of cute sandals for the summer. I ended up finding them at Jerns on Sveavägen, and this guilty pleasure only cost me 299 kronor--not a bad price for a pair of leather sandals I wore nearly every day of my vacation in Italy last summer and they looked good with everything from shorts to dresses to skirts to jeans. And despite my wearing them so often, they still look great.

I don't think that what I want at the moment is something I can buy. It could be something I can do. I've been thinking a lot lately about taking art classes again, so it could be that the inner artist in me wants an outlet. It could also be the writer in me that is simply reminding me to get to work today instead of blogging.

I still want...something.

On another note, this is a remarkably slow work week for me. I don't have any classes until Thursday and I have plenty of time for writing (always a nice change). I have figured out how I want my novel to end (just need to write those last few chapters) but I haven't figured out what happens after chapter twelve. So today, my little writing exercise for the day will be plotting out the last five chapters (or more, if need be).

It's still March Madness time, and we chicas in SWG are still writing writing writing away, trying to keep ourselves motivated so we can all go to Italy in September and charm a few agents.

Something...something...something.

Maybe all I want is a walk (again) along Norr Mälarstrand. Right...I'm off.

2 comments:

Ron Pavellas said...

It's good to have a place where one's musings can be placed and, possibly, shared. It's another beautiful morning in Minneberg and I am about to begin my Writers Workshop. Vi ses,
Ron P

Kim said...

Keep me posted on your workshop progress, Ron!