Monday, June 23, 2008

Arrivederci Gli Azzurri, Ciao...

Well, Spain beat the Boys in Blue...for the first time in--did they say 88 years??? Ah well, it was fun while it last. So now Spain will meet Russia on Thursday in Vienna, and the winner of that match will meet the winner of the Germany/Turkey match. Still, there will always be a soft spot in my heart for Gli Azzurri, and I will always cheer for them.

On to other things--I am reading a very spooky book called Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill, who just happens to be the sun of Stephen King. Just the first few chapters were eerie enough to give me the willies. Well, let's just say it gave me nightmares last night...so it must be good!

Other books I've read in the last few weeks include:
--The Host by Stephenie Meyers (really liked it)
--Whiskey Road: A Love Story by Karen Siplin (loved it)
--Frenemies by Megan Crane (liked it)
-- Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner (liked it)

Once I finish Heart-Shaped Box, I will concentrate on my own writing. I have a deadline to meet with my writing coach. I also need to decide if I am actually going to the US in August or if I'll wait until the end of November. So difficult to make up my mind sometimes.

BTW, I saw Sex and the City tonight with some girlfriends and it was a lot of fun. I was never really very addicted to the show but I did watch the final season and found myself missing the show. I knew the movie didn't receive rave reviews, but it was exactly what I was in the mood for: something light, fluffy and completely escapist. I've got two free movie tickets burning a hole in my bag so I need to find another movie to use them on. Maybe I'll see another movie tomorrow. Should check SF's schedule.

I also need to start doing yoga at home again since this is the last week for Friskis och Svettis yoga until sometime in August. It's soon July and practically everything in Sweden comes to a standstill as everyone disappears for four to five weeks of summer vacation. It's the perfect time of year to ride my bike in town--everyone's away and I have the streets to myself. But I was hoping to get back into the swing of my yoga classes since my work schedule interfered with the afternoon Ki-Yoga and Ki-Balans classes I was taking at F&S. My brain must have been on vacation when I assumed I'd be able to do so in July--after nearly thirteen years of living here, I know everything stops for a month. Good thing I have a yoga DVD I can do. I just prefer doing my yoga class with other people. I am not very good at doing these things on my own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should try playing "Call of Duty IV" with your hubster.

Kim said...

You know I suck at games like that, but I will give it a try...Mr. Secret Admirer... ;)