Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And now at the start of week two...

...I have made it to 15000 words of my 50000 word "opus". I am pretty pleased though I still don't really know where my story will go. I am just enjoying the ride--a ride that is taking me from Philly now back to Philly in the 1980s. I have to rummage through my brain for some memories of what happened back in the mid to late 1980s. I remember the MOVE siege and the destruction of an entire neighborhood, Mayor Goode...Bill Greene figures in there somewhere too. Zipperhead... Tower Records opening on South Street... Abe's...yes, that must be there too... Rock Against Racism show on Penn's Campus... Spring Fling....hmm... a lot to add. 

So if anyone else from Philly is reading this, drop a line about your memories of Philly from the 80s. Remind me of things as I take a stroll down that lane called Memory.

By the way, there are many Smiths references in this book. Who knew my main characters would be such Morrissey lovers?

No comments: