Sunday, October 25, 2009


One week until Nanowrimo starts...



...and I am trying to decide which of the three ideas I've come up with will be the one that is my Nanowrimo novel. I've written one-page synopses for all three but I am still no closer to narrowing it down.
Should it be a screwball romance (aka chick lit with a new name), supernatural romance...or plain old ghost story? I am already working on a ghost story of sorts but it's fun writing creepy stories so maybe I will go with my ghost synopsis since I am already in that state of mind.
On the otherhand, I love writing romantic stories and they are always a good way to forget abotu the winter darkness that has settled over Stockholm. I write this as I look out my window. It's hard to believe that just a few months ago the sun was still up at 8PM. Now it's as dark as midnight. I feel like a zombie. Yeah...I need a romantic story to get me over the November blues--especially since every year it's the same thing: I walk around like I am in a fog from late October until around the second week of December. The only thing that helps me emerge from said fog is chocolate or a trip somewhere south of here (where there are more hours of sunlight).
Since I am going to the US on the 21st of November, I have to try and get as much written as possible beforehand. I can officially begin writing my Nanowrimo novel on the 1st. I will just have to make sure that every day I meet my quota. I didn't manage to do this last year. The year before I came pretty close to it. I resolve to be better this year.
I wonder how many other people will join me in Nanowrimo madness. I already know of two people who will be giving in to the frenzy. Will have to check out the Nanowrimo forums and see how many people are already posting...

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm kind of hoping for a ghost story, but will root for you madly whatever you choose to write! GO KIM!

Kim said...

I was pretty sure it would be a ghost story too but when I sat down to right it went into the romantic genre again...my brain is so demanding...;)