Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Every little thing he does is magic...

Every now and then my husband does or says something and it reminds me why I fell in love with him in the first place. Don't get me wrong--I adore Tord, love his slightly crooked nose, love that he actually enjoys washing dishes...I love that he calls his parents just to chat and that he sends me silly text messages when he's out having beers with his buddies. But these aren't the things that remind me of why I fell in love with him way back in 1993.

So what happened that ... It sounds so trite now but this morning he started reminiscing about all the trips we've taken together. He looked so cute this morning in his long-sleeved t-shirt and plaid flannel pyjama pants. His always messy hair was even messier thanks to bedhead. And his voice still sounded like it was caught in the land of dreams. But it was his smile that really did the trick. He looked so boyish--he looked exactly the same as when we first met, and I felt giddy inside because of it.

And then, when he realized I wasn't working from home today and had to teach a class, he looked so forlorn. It was worth missing the first commuter train just to give him an extra hug and kiss this morning.

I know it sounds sappy, but he is the only one for me.

No comments: